Web lists-archives.com

Re: Kernel configuration for ov9655 on the PXA27x Quick Capture Interface

Hi Guennadi,

thank you for the information.

Can I use or adapt this patch:  https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/16548/  ?

I Could  use the code from the patch  to direct control the sensor
register configuration and use the  PXA27x Quick Capture Interface to
capture data by mean "soc_camera" and "pxa_camera" driver modules. But
now when I try to load the soc_camera module i get this error:

insmod soc_camera.ko
insmod: cannot insert 'soc_camera.ko': No such device

Please, could you give mi some tips and indication

Thanks

Paolo

2011/2/17 Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx>:
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Paolo Santinelli wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have an embedded smart camera equipped with an XScal-PXA270
>> processor running Linux 2.6.37 and the OV9655 Image sensor connected
>> on the PXA27x Quick Capture Interface.
>>
>> Please, what kernel module I have to select in order to use the Image sensor ?
>
> You need to write a new or adapt an existing driver for your ov9655
> sensor, currently, there's no driver available to work with your pxa270.
>
> Thanks
> Guennadi
> ---
> Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.
> Freelance Open-Source Software Developer
> http://www.open-technology.de/

Paolo Santinelli
ImageLab Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Lab
Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
Universita' di Modena e Reggio Emilia
via Vignolese 905/B, 41125, Modena, Italy

Cell. +39 3472953357,  Office +39 059 2056270, Fax +39 059 2056129
email:  <mailto:paolo.santinelli@xxxxxxxxxx> paolo.santinelli@xxxxxxxxxx