Web lists-archives.com

Image sensor OV9655 and

Dear Sirs,
Hi all,

I am currently trying to write C code for an embedded smart camera
equipped with an XScal-PXA270 processor running Linux 2.6.9-dma270 and
the OV9655 Image sensor.

I am asking help, my goal is capture a subfield of the whole image.

How to do it?

Is this function (VIDIOCSCAPTURE or something else?) supported by the
Video4Linux driver for the OV9655 Image sensor ?

Currently I am able to reconfigure the OV9655 in order to change the
whole image resolution, 640x480, 320x240 and even lower. The problem
is I need do it dynamically, quickly, without close the camera and
then reopen it every time I need sub-capture the image.

I don't have any experience using device driver.

I have tried to change the capture area using this call:

vw.width  = new_image_width;
vw.height = new_image_height;

ioctl(fd_camera, VIDIOCSWIN, &vw)

where vw is a struct video_window.

I get the right image but it seems to be not vertically centred, it
appears shifted and wrapped vertically. To get the right image I have
to close and reopen the camera. The  closing and opening operations
take too much time. I would like dynamically  change the  linux device
driver behaviour without close and reopen the camera.

BTW, the VIDIOCSCAPTURE doesn't work!

Somebody could help me ?

Thanks

Paolo Santinelli

PhD student Paolo Santinelli
ImageLab Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Lab
Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
Universita' di Modena e Reggio Emilia
via Vignolese 905/B, 41125, Modena, Italy

Cell. +39 3472953357,  Office +39 059 2056270, Fax +39 059 2056129
email:  <mailto:paolo.santinelli@xxxxxxxxxx> paolo.santinelli@xxxxxxxxxx