Web lists-archives.com

Re: Quickcam express: Not able to capture video

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:45:14 +0530
Sudhindra Nayak <sudhindra.nayak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using a 'Logitech Quickcam Express' (046d:0840) camera to capture
> video. I'm using the STV06xx driver for this camera. I'm using a v4l2
> example code as my application along with the above mentioned driver.
	[snip]
> When I run the application, the kernel crashes. I'm running the
> application on the AT91 linux4sam kernel running on an
> AT91SAM9G45-EKES board. I've included the error messages below:
>
> gspca: [a.out] open
> gspca: frame alloc frsz: 106560
> gspca: reqbufs st:0 c:4
	[snip]
> gspca: packet [0] o:0 l:847
> STV06xx: Packet of length 0 arrived
> gspca: packet [1] o:1023 l:63
> STV06xx: Packet of length 1023 arrived
> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address
> 00000040 pgd = c0004000
> [00000040] *pgd=00000000
> Internal error: Oops: 17 [#1]
> Modules linked in:
> CPU: 0    Not tainted  (2.6.30 #17)
> PC is at stv06xx_pkt_scan+0x3c/0x1e0
> LR is at stv06xx_pkt_scan+0x20/0x1e0
	[snip]
> Any suggestions??

Hi,

- see Cc:)

Your kernel is rather old. If you cannot change to a newer one (at
least 2.6.32 or, better, 2.6.34), may you get and try the last gspca
test version from my web page (see below)?

Regards.

--
Ken ar c'hentaÃ	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/