Web lists-archives.com

Re: TV Tuner Japan

Thank you Archis,

I'm not sure about the courtesy with a mailing list, so I included v4l in
this mail.

Thank you for the quick reply!
I picked up a monster TV HDP2 gold the other day at the pc shop, and then I
tried to compile a linux kernel 2.16.1.1 with a patch from bytesex.org .. it
failed (since I'm so new to linux) , but if what you're saying is right,
then I don't need a patched kernel anyway. Other incarnations of the HDP
have all been on the saa7115 chipset I think.

Regardless, the monster HDP2 is not showing up in my system at all... not
with a lspci, lsusb, dmesg or anything... it's like a phantom piece of
machinery. As far as I know, if the system can't find it, then the odds of
me being able to use it are about 0 right?

Thanks for the help anyway!
Pike