Web lists-archives.com

Re: Video capture device

On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 14:50 +0200, Jorge Cabrera wrote:
> Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

> > > Yes exactly, I'm using Avermedia EZMaker USB Gold
> > > (http://tienda.avermedia.es/product.aspx?productid=81126). The device
> > > have linux drivers and it seem to work ok but I'm having the problems
> > > I mentioned before.
> > >

> > I use v4lctl to configure devices. The configurations stay until the
> > devices are repowered. Have you tried this?
> >

> Yes, I tried that and v4l2ctl too but some programs like mplayer read
> the configuration change but cheese for example or flash didn't. I
> would change the default input from tuner (the default) to s-video or
> any other kind and nothing.

Hmm. It is not a matter of the program reading your changes. They are
set in the driver. If they are not used, it is because flash is actively
setting a different value from what the driver had when flash started.
This means that flash must have it's own way of specifying these
settings. flash really is crappy...

Perhaps one hack would be to recompile the driver with the defaults you
need. But I suspect even that would fail as it seems flash actively sets
the values. You might try removing from the driver the options you do
not want so they are not available to flash. But I bet flash has some
assumptions that expect these settings, and it would fail if they are
not present.

I don't think I can offer more.

--
Roger Oberholtzer