Web lists-archives.com

Video capture device

Hello,

I wanted to set up a videoconference service at my company using a sony video camera with a usb video capture device and linux (Ubuntu to be specific). The videoconference system we're using is through webex and megameeting. I am currently using an Avermedia video capture device but the problem I had was that for this device the default input was "Tuner" and even dough I could set the default input to S-Video with v4l utilities this would only work with mplayer, vlc... but it wouldn't work with flash or java in a browser which are the technology behind most of online videoconference services. So after a month of banging my head against the wall I gave up and installed another operating system. Windows. Yes, I know.

But now I want to give it another try so this time I was thinking of trying with another video capture usb device so I wanted to ask the members of this list if you ever made one of this devices work perfectly under linux, specially with flash or java technologies. I think I would have the same problems with any Avermedia device so maybe there's something out there that works.

Thanks for your help,

Have a nice day

--
Jorge Cabrera
Ándago Ingeniería - www.andago.com

Teléfono: +34 916 011 373
Móvil: +34 637 741 034
e-mail: jorge.cabrera@xxxxxxxxxx

C/Alcalde Ángel Arroyo n.º10 1.ªPl. (28904) Getafe, Madrid