Web lists-archives.com

Shutdown not working

Hi,

I submitted this as a bug to ubuntu (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/609946).

I thought I would try here as this is probably more relevant

   Bug Description

I have a laptop running 10.04 server, running mythtv.

If I don't use my USB TV tuner, "sudo shutdown -P now" works as expected. After I use the tuner in MythTV, shutdown no longer works, specifically I get the line "/ will now halt", the screen goes black, but the power / fans etc all stay on.

The tuner is a leadtek WinFast DTV Dongle Gold.

To get it working I followed these instructions: http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Leadtek_WinFast_DTV_Dongle_Gold <http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Leadtek_WinFast_DTV_Dongle_Gold>, although I had to disable one the "firedtv" options in order to get the compile working in step 3.

john@tv:~$ lsb_release -rd
Release: 10.04

john@tv:~$ uname -r
2.6.32-21-server