Web lists-archives.com

Philips SPC 900NC PC Camera via usb with v4l

Hi,

Iam trying to capture a video or an image from the Philips SPC 900NC PC
Camera - Webcam.

I downloded the capture.c file and changed following lines.

//had to be replaced from - fmt.fmt.pix.pixelformat = V4L2_PIX_FMT_YUYV; to
fmt.fmt.pix.pixelformat = V4L2_PIX_FMT_YUV420;
fmt.fmt.pix.field       = V4L2_FIELD_INTERLACED;

than after compiling and executing I get an output of dots.

Do I have to download somewhere a headerfile, becaue in the Spec is a header
file which is not on the homepage.

What I need is a little push, so I maybe see an image or an video from the
webcam, so that I can begin experimenting with it.

Is the video somewhere in the Memmory in form of a stream ?

Hopefully you can help me a bit,

Thx in advance,

Martin