Web lists-archives.com

Re: saa7231 Help

Hi Simon,

Am Mittwoch, den 07.07.2010, 11:50 +0200 schrieb Simon Appleby:
> Hi,
>
> First time posting on this list, I am hoping someone will be able to help.
>
> I have a compro S800F Hybrid tuner card which which has a saa7231,
> which I would like to get working for my MythTV box. I have found the
> drivers at http://www.jusst.de/hg/saa7231/ but they are incomplete.
> After a few hours of hacking around I have managed to get the card
> recognised by the Kernel (2.6.32), and have succesfully gotten
> /dev/video0 showing up, as well as the I2C communication returning
> sensible looking data.
> I was wondering if anyone has any info or data on this device they
> could share? My queries to NXP, Trident and Manu Abraham have so far
> gone unanswered. Im sort of fumbling around in the dark with a lot of
> the chips hardware.
>
> Regards
>
> Simon Appleby

it is really only Manu who can give an updated status report.

Beside all previous conflicts about the v4l maintainer and how far he is
allowed to care about regular syncing of the v4l and dvb trees in the
past, greatly improved by trolls, the best support we can give to move
things forward is to declare this won't happen again on the saa7231 I
think.

Last i had is, Manu is requiring more samples of such devices
successfully. Hartmut also declared to help on the analog front with
somehow limited means now and he was surprised how much support Manu has
already. Manu also tries to get NDAs for not yet included
demodulator/tuner combinations.

IIRC, there are some remaining issues, concerning that GNU/Linux should
not be treated like just another OEM.

We should back up Manu here, means also to stop individual queries to
NXP and Trident to assure this.

If somebody is against this, please speak up.

Cheers,
Hermann