Web lists-archives.com

saa7231 Help

Hi,

First time posting on this list, I am hoping someone will be able to help.

I have a compro S800F Hybrid tuner card which which has a saa7231,
which I would like to get working for my MythTV box. I have found the
drivers at http://www.jusst.de/hg/saa7231/ but they are incomplete.
After a few hours of hacking around I have managed to get the card
recognised by the Kernel (2.6.32), and have succesfully gotten
/dev/video0 showing up, as well as the I2C communication returning
sensible looking data.
I was wondering if anyone has any info or data on this device they
could share? My queries to NXP, Trident and Manu Abraham have so far
gone unanswered. Im sort of fumbling around in the dark with a lot of
the chips hardware.

Regards

Simon Appleby