Web lists-archives.com

Re: Newbie questions: live camera view with composite image + capturing images

Op maandag 31-05-2010 om 14:28 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Roger
Oberholtzer:
> On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 13:20 +0200, Richard Rasker wrote:
>
> openCV, which is a great image processing tool kit, has some simple GUI
> creation tools. Maybe there is something there which is useful. IIRC, it
> can read from a v4l2 camera. Don't be put off by the web site. The tool
> kit is much better quality than the site might hint at.
>
> The image processing offered by openCV is well beyond what IM does. And,
> openCV can optionally use intel's IPP library to get real speed
> improvements.

OpenCV indeed looks like an excellent starting point for this type of
application -- and I also ordered the book "Learning OpenCV" right
away :-)
I hope this will get me started along the right track -- and at the very
least, it should get my rusty programming skills going again.

Thank you for this great tip!

Best regards,

Richard Rasker