Web lists-archives.com

Re: Any update on em28xx on igevp2 ?

On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 13:26 +0100, Gert-Jan de Jonge wrote:
> Hi Devin,
>
> just some extra info:
>
> I have tested the difference on the arm board compared to the pc:
>   int  height=576;
>   height >>= 576;
>   printf("%d\n", height);
>
> on arm it gives a 0, on the pc it gives 576.
> on both i get a warning from the compiler, as in my test code the 576 is
> hardcoded in stead of a variable
> warning: right shift count >= width of type ( which is logical ;) )
>
> regards,
> Gert-Jan
>

> Gert-Jan de Jonge wrote:
> > Hi Devin,
> >
> > I am a big step further, I can now get video from the device.
> > At this moment I am looking at  the function em28xx_resolution_set on
> > arm the height is set to 0 by the following lines:
> >
> >       if (!dev->progressive)
> >                height >>= norm_maxh(dev);
> >
> > I am not sure what it should do, should it really shift the height
> > over the value of height ?
> > If I set the height to f.e. 576 ater this line, i can capture video (
> > it is 576 before this line )
> > should it shift by 1 if it is interlaced and the resolution is higher
> > than the interlaced height ?
> >
> > regards,
> > Gert-Jan

Hey,

Yeah this is how I fixed my problem also. Though mine was set as 0 but
144 on the pc. Strange since the resolution I then get out is certainly
not 144.

Hardcoding the values completely fixed the problem for me (as long as I
ignore the compiler warnings :P ).

Looking to find out why the arm gives 0 to fix the cause.

--
John Banks - Head of Engineering
Noonan Media Ltd

www.noonanmedia.com