Web lists-archives.com

Re: eb1a:2860 eMPIA em28xx device to usb1 ??? usb hub problem?

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Dean <red1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am receiving NTSC TV signals.  I test with mplayer.  Example;
>
> mplayer tv://9 -tv driver=v4l2:alsa:immediatemode=0:adevice=hw.Em28xxAudio,0:norm=ntsc:chanlist=us-cable -vf pp=ci
>
> The above command works fine (both audio and video) with my Hauppauge HVR-850, but for the Kworld 305U I must change 'immediatemode=0' to 'immediatemode=1' otherwise the video frame rate is about 1/2 normal speed and about 1 minute later mplayer starts printing 'video buffer full - dropping frame'.
>
> According to dmesg the Kworld 305U loads the same firmware as my Hauppauge HVR-850, and (during separate test sessions) installs the same ALSA device;
>
> card 1: Em28xxAudio [Em28xx Audio], device 0: Em28xx Audio [Empia 28xx Capture]
>  Subdevices: 0/1
>  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Try this:  open em28xx-cards.c, and change the board profile for the
entry EM2880_BOARD_KWORLD_DVB_305U such that it includes the following
field:

.mts_firmware = 1,

Then recompile and see if it starts working.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com