Web lists-archives.com

Re: Saving YUVY image from V4L2 buffer to file

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Owen O' Hehir <oo_hehir@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm trying to save a captured image from a USB camera to a file. The capture is based on V4L2 video capture example from the V4L2 API spec. http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/spec/a16706.htm
>
> The V4L2 set pointers (via mmap) to to the USB image (in YUV 4:2:2 (YUYV)) and as far as I can see the simplest way to save the image in a recognised format is in RGB format, specifically in PPM (Netpbm color image format).
>
> As such I've expanded the process_image function:

Independent of the conversion function, are you sure you are getting a
valid YUV frame at all?  A completely green frame is what you will get
back if you had a buffer which was memset(0).  Hence it's possible
that the data you are passing *into* your conversion function is
completely blank.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs