Web lists-archives.com

Re: streamer

Hi Cristiana,

I have done this with PPC440Epx about 2 years ago but I don't have the
modified XAWTV source codes, configuration and the makefiles  right now.
As far as I can remember, I did the following things and I suggest you do
the same:

-make sure that your USB webcam works in normal linux installation, not
uclinux.
-determine the basic plugins needed to make it work, i think v4l2 and jpeg
plugins are needed, this case, you need to edit the makefiles so that it
will only compile the necessary plugins. in XAWTV, there is a folder for the
plugins. try to take a look into it. also, take note that when you install
the XAWTV package, the plugin directory should only contain the basic
plugins i mentioned.
-once you know the basic plugins, try to cross-compile them. i think you
need to set your plugin directory. after cross compiling, try to copy the
streamer, its plugins and libraries.
 I hope this helps.