Web lists-archives.com

Re: Compiling xawtv - libzvbi.h error

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 03:57:16PM -0800, Stuart McKim wrote:
> I am trying to compile xawtv-3.95, but I have run into an error I can't
> seem to figure out the source of. I'm not sure if it's a mistake in my
> installation of zvbi or xawtv.

I was able to get the install to work. I ended up needing quite a few
tweaks.

First, I reinstalled zvbi-0.2.33:
cd zvbi-02.33
make distclean
./configure
make
sudo make install

This installed  /usr/local/include/libzvbi.h

However, I ended up needing to apply some patches.
To xawtv:
[1]: http://bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=82419&action=view
[2]: http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa-packages/2006/08/msg00519.html

To an installed X library:

After doing all three, I was able to build:
cd xawtv-3.95
make distclean
./configure --x-includes=/usr/include/X11/ --x-libraries=/usr/lib/X11/
make
sudo make install

Is this sort of involved process normal? Although I got it working, I
still don't understand what I did.

Stuart

--
Stuart McKim