Web lists-archives.com

Re: Huappauge WinTV-HVR 1850

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 6:17 PM, Michael Libertin
<michael.libertin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No, I was under no delusions that it's any easy task, and I'm very grateful
> to everyone in the project. The only reason I suspected it would work when I
> purchased the card was because Huappauge's website was misleading: the FAQ
> for this card is simply a link to the FAQ for the 1800, where it says the
> 1800 is supported. I realize the two aren't the same card and the FAQ
> doesn't say the 1850 specifically works, but it's misleading of them to have
> both cards share the same FAQ and on the FAQ mention Linux support when the
> cards are different enough that one of them isn't supported. It's especially
> bad given that apparently they're now shipping the 1850 to customers who
> order the 1800.....

Well, the FAQ for the 1800 doesn't say it's supported so much but
rather says that you can use it with Linux.  In the case of both the
1800 and the 1850, this means the digital support only.

Hauppauge doesn't officially support any of the cards, but they do
make an effort to point people to the LinuxTV wiki for cards that have
some level of support.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs