Web lists-archives.com

Re: Huappauge WinTV-HVR 1850

No, I was under no delusions that it's any easy task, and I'm very grateful
to everyone in the project. The only reason I suspected it would work when I
purchased the card was because Huappauge's website was misleading: the FAQ
for this card is simply a link to the FAQ for the 1800, where it says the
1800 is supported. I realize the two aren't the same card and the FAQ
doesn't say the 1850 specifically works, but it's misleading of them to have
both cards share the same FAQ and on the FAQ mention Linux support when the
cards are different enough that one of them isn't supported. It's especially
bad given that apparently they're now shipping the 1850 to customers who
order the 1800.....