Web lists-archives.com

Re: Huappauge WinTV-HVR 1850

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Michael Libertin
<michael.libertin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  > Correct, analog is not supported on that board at this time under Linux.
> Darn.
>  > Can you contribute $5000.00?
> I wish I could, but I'm a poor college student : (

I'm not trying to be a prick about this, but people seem to operate
under the assumption that their hardware should "just work" out of the
box for no cost.  In reality, the boards work because developers
invest hundreds of hours analyzing, reverse engineering, writing and
then debugging the drivers.  And that's *after* the time they took to
learn C.  ;-)

> Anywho, are there plans to support it eventually?

There are no plans to work on it at this time.

Cheers,

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs