Web lists-archives.com

Allocating video buffers from user space

Hello,
I am a new member in this forum. I am currently trying to write a V4L2
driver for a camera which outputs very high resolution images. The problem
is if I call S_FMT with the correct width&height, the subsequent call to
VIDIOC_REQBUFS fails saying "Cannot allocate memory". I have tried to user
buffer memory type as V4L2_MEMORY_USERPTR, but video_reqbufs still tries to
allocate memory in kernel space (which I think is a bug).

Is there any way to allocate buffers in user space and Queue/Dequeue these
buffers to V4L2 driver?

Regards,
Mayank