Web lists-archives.com

Re: Capturing video and still images using one driver

Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx> writes:

> I came across the same problem when working on the rj54n1cb0c driver.
> What's even more exciting with that sensor, is that it has separate
> frame-size settings for preview (video) and still capture.

It seems this behaviour is generic across several sensors. As far as I know, the
mt9m111 has 2 modes : low power low resolution, and high power high resolution,
and both are programmable apart (in terms of resolution, zoom, etc ...)

What this makes me think is that a sensor could provide several "contexts" of
use, as :
 - full resolution still image context
 - low resolution still image context
 - full resolution video context
 - low resolution video context

Then, a new/existing v4l2 call would switch the context (perhaps based on buffer
type ?) of the sensor.

Well, that's just some junk I've been thinking over lately.

Cheers.

--
Robert