Re: Capturing video and still images using one driver
- Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 20:57:33 +0100
- From: Robert Jarzmik <robert.jarzmik@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Capturing video and still images using one driver
Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx> writes:
> I came across the same problem when working on the rj54n1cb0c driver.
> What's even more exciting with that sensor, is that it has separate
> frame-size settings for preview (video) and still capture.
It seems this behaviour is generic across several sensors. As far as I know, the
mt9m111 has 2 modes : low power low resolution, and high power high resolution,
and both are programmable apart (in terms of resolution, zoom, etc ...)
What this makes me think is that a sensor could provide several "contexts" of
use, as :
- full resolution still image context
- low resolution still image context
- full resolution video context
- low resolution video context
Then, a new/existing v4l2 call would switch the context (perhaps based on buffer
type ?) of the sensor.
Well, that's just some junk I've been thinking over lately.
video4linux-list mailing list