Web lists-archives.com

Re: Upgrading from FC4 to current Linux

Devin Heitmueller wrote:
Hello Bill,

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
analog apps. I have a bunch of cards (mostly PCI) and several USB dongles,
none seem to do S-video under Linux. That's turned out to be more of an
issue than I expected as well, I considered feeding the USB to a VM and
Windows under KVM, but I really want Windows out!

You have boards where the analog RF input works under Linux but the
S-video does not?  That's a bit surprising given it's usually pretty
trivial to make all the inputs work once you get the first one
working.

Which boards do you have?

Sorry, I didn't say that clearly. Under FC4/FC6 the boards work for both analog and S-video. Under more recent kernels they don't seem to work for either with any application I tried. Applications offer dvb-t dvb-s etc, but don't seem to offer S-video input. Didn't mean to confuse the issue.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
 Unintended results are the well-earned reward for incompetence.