Web lists-archives.com

VIDIOC_QUERYCAP: Invalid argument - app from scratch for an USB GENIUS videoCAM Look 310p

Good morning gentleman.

I am building my first driver from scratch and I am hanving a hard time
trying to figure all the steps I have to follow to get to what I need to
achieve.

What I am trying to do now is to develop a application to activate my webcam
and to start capturing!

I am getting the following error trying to query the capabilities:

VIDIOC_QUERYCAP: Invalid argument

I am implementing the video capturing interface and that is what I have got
so far:
http://pastebin.com/m4b5bdd36

Could I get some help from here??
My webcam is an usb Genius videoCAM look 310p
I am using Slackware 13 and v4l2 api that I am following from here:
http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/spec/

It works great on amsn and others applications so I presume I can develop I
application to make it work!

Thanks all in advanced!
Guilherme Longo
Software deloper