Web lists-archives.com

fake radio device

Hi,
I searched through the lists for some examples of fm radio tuners which are v4l complaint and found that most had i2c sort of interface.

however what if the fm tuner i have is based on uart ? and the uart is also used by some other "radio/wireless connectivity" core on the chip ?

meaning - somehow on user-space I happen to have concurrent access to uart [through bsd like sockets, for example] however, i don't have the same via kernel space.

so how's valid is the idea to create a fake radio device /dev/radio and pass all ioctl's from kernel space to user-space to convert to valid command over my bsd sockets ?
Any suggestions ? or road-blocks i would run into.

regards,
Pavan

      Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local http://in.local.yahoo.com/