Web lists-archives.com

Status of cx18 drivers, mercurial vs in-kernel

I've been running the cx18 drivers out of mercurial since getting my
HVR-1600 running, almost a year ago.  As I see things, the driver is
pretty mature now, and in fact I see commits for cx18 in 2.6.31 that are
some of the last I saw going into the "regular" driver in mercurial.
(I'm not counting the diagnostic work that has been going on in the last
month or two, for one particular user.)

Is it reasonable to go with the in-kernel cx18 driver when 2.6.31 goes
stable, or is there still significant value with sticking with mercurial?

Dale Pontius