Web lists-archives.com

Is there any working video capture card which works and is still made?

I have a lovely collection of capture cards which either don't work or are no longer available new. Is there any such card?

Note: I can't tell a client to buy hardware on eBay, or to patch a kernel, or commit to providing patched kernel... and we're in Time-Warned land, where the signal is a mix of clear digital, crypto-digital, and NTSC. I *can* tell someone to spend money to get something supported, which they could buy in some small quantity.

I would be happy with a box like the HDhomerun, which does a nice job on the tiny list of clear digital signals, the Hauppauge HVR-2250 is ideal, but doesn't work because the driver isn't in the kernel and the windows stuff doesn't run on ndiswrapper (too complex to support anyway).

Any thoughts, or is it just not currently happening?

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc

"You are disgraced professional losers. And by the way, give us our money back."
   - Representative Earl Pomeroy,  Democrat of North Dakota
on the A.I.G. executives who were paid bonuses  after a federal bailout.