Web lists-archives.com

Re: Syntek Driver ...

Greetings ...

2009/8/3 Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@xxxxxx>:
> On 07/27/2009 09:30 PM, Clinton Lee Taylor wrote:
>>
>> Greetings ...
>>
>>  I was wondering if anybody has looked at the Syntek Driver stk11xx at
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/syntekdriver/files/ ... This driver is
>> meant to have updates for the EasyCap USB video capture device ...
>> Would be great to have included in the main line Video4Linux and then
>> up stream Kernel ... Pretty please!!
>
> Hi,
 Thanks for the reply ...

> 1) The video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx list is no longer in use, please
 Okay, going to subscribe to this list tonight ...

> 2) Getting this driver upstream requires someone who owns the actual
> hardware
>   to drive this, are you willing to do that ?
 I have this hardware and willing to try and test and report back, but
I'm not a kernel programmer ... More an intergrator ... Have two
options, either I could arrange a purchase of a unit for yourself,
then you could test too, or I could test what ever you could debug, I
see that you have many v4l devices already ... Would that be of any
good?

Thanks
Mailed
LeeT