Web lists-archives.com

Re: KWorld VS-USB2800D recognized as PointNix Intra-Oral Camera - No Composite Input

weird, trying this  v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 -i 1 tell me that it change the
input to "composite1", nevertheless xawtv, vlc or  ffplay start using
s-video  input, I'm doing something wrong?

Those apps probably explicitly set it to input zero then.  You are
stuck either manually configuring those apps through whatever config
files they use, or hacking the source to change the board order (which
unfortunately would require you to recompile the source every time
there is a kernel update.
ok sure, but I'm looking something kind of weird with this driver, let me explain, with a regular bttv card that I have here that it have 4 inputs, xawtv first start try to use lets says s-video, then I changed to composite1, close xawtv and next time is set as default as composite1 (no xawtv config file), in that way if then I use vlc or ffplay they take that input as default. But with this em28xx driver every time that xawtv start it set to use the first input witch is s-video no matter to what do I change the previous time...

any ideas about why?, or it is just a different way that both drivers handled this?

Mauricio