Web lists-archives.com

Re: KWorld VS-USB2800D recognized as PointNix Intra-Oral Camera - No Composite Input

As a aside note, and probably this was asked before, do you know any way to
set witch input be used as defoult in a device?, in my case xawtv allways
start trying to use the S-video input and I have to change to the composite
one, I now that xawtv have a config file in witch I can set something like
that, but that is just for xawtv, I mean a more permanent way, may be
setting something in the driver?, some dirty cheat in the code? ,

in advance thanks..

Mauricio

Well, if your device is always connected, you could do something like
run v4l2-ctl in a init script which sets the input.
weird, trying this v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 -i 1 tell me that it change the input to "composite1", nevertheless xawtv, vlc or ffplay start using s-video input, I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks for you time Devin

Mauricio