Web lists-archives.com

Re: KWorld VS-USB2800D recognized as PointNix Intra-Oral Camera - No Composite Input

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 9:33 AM,
buhochileno@xxxxxxxxx<buhochileno@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Devin,
>
> As a aside note, and probably this was asked before, do you know any way to
> set witch input be used as defoult in a device?, in my case xawtv allways
> start trying to use the S-video input and I have to change to the composite
> one, I now that xawtv have a config file in witch I can set something like
> that, but that is just for xawtv, I mean a more permanent way, may be
> setting something in the driver?, some dirty cheat in the code? ,
>
> in advance thanks..
>
> Mauricio

Well, if your device is always connected, you could do something like
run v4l2-ctl in a init script which sets the input.  Or if you don't
care about using a custom compile of the v4l-dvb code, you can always
reorder the inputs in the board entry in em28xx-cards.c.

Unfortunately, there is not currently any sort of modprobe option to
set the default device.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs