Web lists-archives.com

Re: Please advise: 4channel capture device with HW compression for Linux based DVR

Hi again.

I accidentally found an article which is very optimistic about Atom performance on the task.
Here it is: http://www.asmag.com/showpost/7806.aspx
It made me hope, so again I want to give it a try on Atom.

The problem is the same - the capturing hardware.
On the next shop I can find:
1. 4channel 30fps USB capturer - exactly like one you mentioned yesterday.
2. 4channel 120fps full-size PCI capturer (different ones)
3. AOpen S180 Mini-ITX - Mini-ITX case with full-height PCI - http://global.aopen.com/products_detail.aspx?Auno=2657 ;)
I forgot to mention that my next shop is kinda good one :)

Right now I have In-Win case with low profile slot: http://www.in-win.us/products_pccase_series.php?cat_id=1&series_id=24&model_id=241 It looks like it may be possible to fit full-size PCI card in there, but not arbitrary one and it would require some craft.

So, I see the following options right now:
1. Get USB capturer and give it a try at 30fps.
2. Try to fit full-size PCI into existent case.
3. Upgrade the case.

Any ideas?

Regards,
F S

P.S.: I'm not sure if it became off-topic for the list, shall we switch to private or it's ok?