Web lists-archives.com

Re: Bah! How do I change channels?

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Robert
Krakora<rob.krakora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I had ran into this before with the KWorld a few months back.
> However, whatever problem existed that forced me to add
> "no_poweroff=1" to modprobe.conf for the em28xx module has went away.
> I have been able to use v4l-ctl or ivtv-tune without any problems to
> tune analog channels over cable.

Well, bear in mind that if you run v4l-ctl *after* the program is
streaming it should work.  However, if you run v4l-ctl and then try to
stream I suspect it will fail.

If it's working, then perhaps I should take a look at the power
management code in em28xx/xc2028 since I don't know why it would work
(and perhaps the tuner is *not* being powered down like it should be).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com