Web lists-archives.com

RE: [PARTIALLY SOLVED] Can't use my Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro stick - what am I doing wrong?

Can I ask a much more mundane question?  I'm sure there's a simple answer, but all my googling hasn't shown it to me yet.

When this card works, I use it with Helix Producer to generate video for RealPlayer.  A command like this starts the encoding:

> LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so /usr/local/helix/producer/producer -vc /dev/video0 -vp 0 -ac 0 -ap 'line'

However, Helix Producer is unable to change the channel on the device.
It can only grab whatever the card is currently tuned to.  (This is a
closed-circuit coax feed within our building, broadcasting on analog
channel 3).

And for the life of me, I can't find a program or utility that will let
me change the analog cable channel my tuner card picks up.  I've seen
various utilities for scanning and changing digital channels (e.g.
w_scan), but none that seem to apply to old NTSC channels.  The silly
workaround that I have to do is sit at the console, fire up X, launch
"tvtime", change it to channel 3, then quit "tvtime".  Then Helix
Producer can record off that channel.

Surely there must be some command-line way to change the Pinnacle device to channel 3 before I launch Helix Producer?

Thanks!