Web lists-archives.com

Re: [PARTIALLY SOLVED] Can't use my Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro stick - what am I doing wrong?

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 9:43 AM, Hans Verkuil<hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hmm, I have Hardy on my laptop at work so I can test this tomorrow with my
> USB stick. It's a Hauppauge HVR<something>, but it does have a tvp5150. So
> it should be close enough.
>
> Regards,
>
>       Hans

Hans,

Oh thank goodness.  I was really hoping you would volunteer since you
are clearly the best candidate for debugging subdev issues.  It took
me two days to debug my last issue with v4l2_subdev registration and
it required me to recompile the distro's kernel from source to debug
the i2c stack.

If you've got an em28xx device with the tvp5150, then it's probably an
HVR-950, which is almost identical to the Pinnacle 800e.

Cheers,

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs