- Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 09:35:52 -0700
- From: David Liontooth <lionteeth@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Error logging
v4l device errors, such as VBI read errors, are no longer showing up anywhere in my logs -- not in dmesg, not in syslog, not in /var/log/debug. I'm running Debian sid.
I see them in the terminal window where I run the recording process. They used to show up in dmesg and syslog.
Does anybody know what I can do to direct these errors to syslog? Is this change due to my local configuration or upstream changes in logging?
Here's my syslog.conf: # /etc/syslog.conf Configuration file for syslogd. # # For more information see syslog.conf(5) # manpage. # # First some standard logfiles. Log by facility. # auth,authpriv.* /var/log/auth.log *.*;auth,authpriv.none -/var/log/syslog cron.* /var/log/cron.log daemon.* -/var/log/daemon.log kern.* -/var/log/kern.log lpr.* -/var/log/lpr.log mail.* -/var/log/mail.log user.* -/var/log/user.log uucp.* /var/log/uucp.log Appreciate any insights into this. Cheers, David -- video4linux-list mailing list Unsubscribe mailto:video4linux-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/video4linux-list
- Prev by Date: Re: Can't use my Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro stick - what am I doing wrong?
- Next by Date: RE: Can't use my Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro stick - what am I doing wrong?
- Previous by thread: Can't use my Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro stick - what am I doing wrong?
- Next by thread: Check out my photos on Facebook