Web lists-archives.com

Error logging

v4l device errors, such as VBI read errors, are no longer showing up anywhere in my logs -- not in dmesg, not in syslog, not in /var/log/debug. I'm running Debian sid.

I see them in the terminal window where I run the recording process. They used to show up in dmesg and syslog.

Does anybody know what I can do to direct these errors to syslog? Is this change due to my local configuration or upstream changes in logging?

Here's my syslog.conf:

#  /etc/syslog.conf     Configuration file for syslogd.
#
#                       For more information see syslog.conf(5)
#                       manpage.

#
# First some standard logfiles.  Log by facility.
#

auth,authpriv.*                 /var/log/auth.log
*.*;auth,authpriv.none          -/var/log/syslog
cron.*                          /var/log/cron.log
daemon.*                        -/var/log/daemon.log
kern.*                          -/var/log/kern.log
lpr.*                           -/var/log/lpr.log
mail.*                          -/var/log/mail.log
user.*                          -/var/log/user.log
uucp.*                          /var/log/uucp.log

Appreciate any insights into this.

Cheers,
David