Web lists-archives.com

Re: Hauppauge USB 2.0 DVB-T WinTV-Nova-T-Stick Lite

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 6:24 AM, Armin Nückel<armin.nueckel@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear folks @ V4L List,
>
> I just write this, to mention some words on how to install and use the
<snip>
> This is, assuming v4l is installed, the firmware is missing. The latest working version on the net I found is the file:
>
>        dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw
>
> now, the stick needs a file named
>
>        dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw
>
> as reported above.
> Thus the latest firmware file needs to be renamed, and copied into the
>
>        /lib/firmware
>
> directory:
>
>        cp Desktop/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw /lib/firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw

<snip>

Hello Armin,

Just one quick note on this: generally speaking, you should *never* be
renaming firmware files.  If it asks for 1.10, you need version 1.10.
There are often code changes that are based on the firmware version.

You can get 1.10 from here:

 http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/home/linux-dvb-firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw

Or, you can install the latest v4l-dvb code with the directions at
http://linuxtv.org/repo, which will then result in the driver using
the 1.20 firmware.

Devin

--