Web lists-archives.com

Re: SUCCESS - KWorld VS-USB2800D recognized as PointNix Intra-Oral Camera - No Composite Input

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Kay Wrobel<kwrobel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear folks @ V4L List,
>
> I'd just quickly like to let everybody know that I am now able to
> capture S-Video AND Composite video from my KWorld VS-USB2800D using the
> latest development snapshot of v4l-dvb. Kudos to Douglas Schilling
> Landgraf for helping me with the steps to download and recompile the
> v4l-dvb drivers, specifically the em28xx driver which pertains to my
> capture device.
>
> As a nice side effect, I am also now able to select a new audio capture
> device embedded in the VS-USB2800D device instead of using the extra
> line-in wire that comes out of the device. I used to have to feed that
> cable into the line-in of my sound card. Now, I get an actual device
> called "Empia Em28xx Audio Empia 28xx Capture (ALSA)" in Ubuntu's Sound
> Preferences dialog.

Hello Kay,

Yeah, I added support for that device last week.  However, the fact
that the audio device is being created is actually a bug.  That
particular board does not support providing the audio over the USB
port.  I submitted a PULL request last night to prevent the audio
device from being created for that board.

Are you saying that the audio device is actually delivering sound?  If
so, I definitely would like you to contact me since I have no idea how
that is possible and would want to know more.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com