Web lists-archives.com

Re: saa7134 surveillance

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 02.06.2009, 01:31 +0200 schrieb S P:
> It has 4 chips only, and 2 D-SUB-like input, and it has four-four
> coax(for video) and eight-eight RCA(for sound) cable per input.
> If you wish, I could make a picture of it.
>
> Regards, Peter Sarkozi

if it has only four chips, it can only support four inputs at once.

The idea having 8 cameras at once is realized only in software then,
by switching between at least two inputs per saa713x.

The card=0 only has one input per saa713x chip, so you should add the
second one for each. Have a look at saa7134-cards.c.

In short, it likely is only a software and not a driver problem.

Only if the TS/DVB input is used at once, the chips can handle two
inputs at the same time. Some (likely unsupported) hardware mpeg/TS
encoder there?

Cheers,
Hermann