Web lists-archives.com

Re: How to acces TVP5150 .command function from userspace

Actually those controls should be supported by VIDIOC_S_CTRL but not
sure on 2.6.19.
I took a snapshot of 2.6.19 kernel from git but couldn't find any of
v4l2_ioctl_ops in tvp5150. Possibly not have been using v4l2_ioctl_ops
in that time I guess (not sure)
Anyway, controls that william is trying to use should be controled via
VIDIOC_S_CTRL with CID and as far as I checked in 2.6.19, it already
had those CIDs. So, it could be worth to give a shot with
VIDIOC_S_CTRL.
Cheers,

Nate

2009/5/22 Devin Heitmueller <dheitmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 3:50 AM, 景文林 <wenlinjing@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am working with a video capture chip TVP5150. I want to adjust the
>> "Brightness" "Contrast" "Saturation" and "hue" in user space.
>> In TVP5150 drivers ,the V4l2 commands are in function tvp5150_command.And
>> this function is a member of struct i2c_device.
>>
>> The linux is 2.6.19.2.
>> I write my code according kernel document  Documentation/i2c/dev-interface
>> But I can`t access tvp5150_command.
>> How can i acces i2c_device .command  function from user space?
>
> I thought those controls were already implemented in the tvp5150
> driver, although I could be mistaken (I would have to look at the
> code).  If not, it would probably be much easier to just add the
> commands to the driver than to attempt to program the chip from
> userland (the datasheet for the tvp5150 is freely available).
>
> Devin
>
> --
> Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
> http://www.kernellabs.com
>
> --

=
DongSoo, Nathaniel Kim
Engineer
Mobile S/W Platform Lab.
Digital Media & Communications R&D Centre
Samsung Electronics CO., LTD.
e-mail : dongsoo.kim@xxxxxxxxx
          dongsoo45.kim@xxxxxxxxxxx