Web lists-archives.com

Re: How to acces TVP5150 .command function from userspace

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 3:50 AM, 景文林 <wenlinjing@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working with a video capture chip TVP5150. I want to adjust the
> "Brightness" "Contrast" "Saturation" and "hue" in user space.
> In TVP5150 drivers ,the V4l2 commands are in function tvp5150_command.And
> this function is a member of struct i2c_device.
>
> The linux is 2.6.19.2.
> I write my code according kernel document  Documentation/i2c/dev-interface
> But I can`t access tvp5150_command.
> How can i acces i2c_device .command  function from user space?

I thought those controls were already implemented in the tvp5150
driver, although I could be mistaken (I would have to look at the
code).  If not, it would probably be much easier to just add the
commands to the driver than to attempt to program the chip from
userland (the datasheet for the tvp5150 is freely available).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com