Web lists-archives.com

capture and stream

    Hi all,

finally I learned some about v4l2 and pwc. I can capture frames in raw and yuv420 format, I think there is already not any other format which pwc supports. I have philips SPC 900NC webcam and I want to streaming captured frames on LAN. I need some advice after that point. I am new at this issues and need answer of some question to go on. Which format I must choose(raw/yuv) and how can I stream this capture to any LAN ip? Do I need transcode stream, encoding.. or just sending to socket will be fine? Quality of images are not too important for me. I just want to see the stream of webcam from another computer.

Thank you all
Best Regards.

Mahmut