Web lists-archives.com

Re: Completely flummoxed -- Hauppauge WinTV-hvr-1800 PCIe won't work with tvtime or mplayer.

Hi;

On Sun, 2009-05-10 at 15:05 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I have been trying to get my tuner card working for over a week now.
>
> I have tried all the advice I can find on various sites as well as the
> Fedora users list.  But no joy.  It was suggested on that list that I
> try here.

v4l-cx23885-avcore-01.fw
v4l-cx23885-enc.fw

have been installed in ( copied to) /lib/firmware/ as per

the 'extract.sh' file from

http://steventoth.net/linux/hvr1800/

I have even created a /lib/firmware/2.6.27.21-170.2.56.fc10.x86_64
containing links to the /lib/firmware/ files in order to exactly follow
the extract.sh instructions.

I had installed this firmware before my original post!

> ==> Video works but no sound!
>

> ==> mplayer gives me a terrible picture and no sound.
>
> (terrible = inverted picture with green background; just black and
> magenta for colours; and vertical lines running through it.)
>
> I have tried the sound with PulseAudio installed and removed.  No
> difference.

Please see my previous postings below for more data.

If I am doing something stupid, please take the time to tell me.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 10, Gnome 2.24.3