Web lists-archives.com

Re: Completely flummoxed -- Hauppauge WinTV-hvr-1800 PCIe won't work with tvtime or mplayer.

On Sun, 2009-05-10 at 15:05 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
> I have been trying to get my tuner card working for over a week now.
> I have tried all the advice I can find on various sites as well as the
> Fedora users list.  But no joy.  It was suggested on that list that I
> try here.

have been installed in ( copied to) /lib/firmware/ as per

the 'extract.sh' file from

I have even created a /lib/firmware/
containing links to the /lib/firmware/ files in order to exactly follow
the extract.sh instructions.

I had installed this firmware before my original post!

> ==> Video works but no sound!
> ==> mplayer gives me a terrible picture and no sound.
> (terrible = inverted picture with green background; just black and
> magenta for colours; and vertical lines running through it.)
> I have tried the sound with PulseAudio installed and removed.  No
> difference.

Please see my previous postings below for more data.

If I am doing something stupid, please take the time to tell me.

Regards Bill
Fedora 10, Gnome 2.24.3
Evo.2.24.5, Emacs 22.3.1

video4linux-list mailing list