Web lists-archives.com

Re: what is the meaning of the crop and overlay window?

xie wrote:

> when i read the v4l2 spec, i can't understand the concept of crop and
> overlay window. who can tell me what is the difference of them? thanks a
> lot~~

having been in 'still', 'movie' and 'video' photography for many years,
such a question would be rather involved for me to answer.

tho my reply may not coincide with what is referenced in v412 spec, maybe
this will help until someone else can give you a more precise answer.

easiest thing to do was 'wikipedia.org'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cropping_(image)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_overlay

simplified;
crop: remove or reduce proportions of image.
overlay: show multiple images superimposed over another.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

****
**
help microsoft stamp out piracy - give linux to a friend today
**
to mess up a linux box, you need to work at it;
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****