Web lists-archives.com

Re: Hauppauge WinTV-hvr-1800 PCIe won't work with tvtime or mplayer.

William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I have been trying to get my tuner card working for over a week now.
>
> I have tried all the advice I can find on various sites as well as the
> Fedora users list.  But no joy.  It was suggested on that list that I
> try here.
>
> I have installed the 'cx88_alsa' and 'tuner modules' with modprobe in
> rc.local and,
>
> alias snd-card-1 cx88-alsa
> options cx88-alsa index=1,  in /etc/modprobe.d/tvtuner

Note: cx88 associated modules do NOT apply to this device (cx88 driver
modules are for the PCI based cx2388x chipsets, where x=0/1,2,3).  This
is a PCIe based device which is serviced, amongst others, by the cx23885
driver module.

Also, have a look in the wiki for the device article which appears to
contain some info that would be useful for you.

With a hardware encoding device, the /dev/video0 should be the MPEG2
stream whereas /dev/video1 would be the raw stream compatible with apps
like tvtime.  mplayer /dev/video0 should work. .... note that the node
number (N) of the character device (/dev/videoN) will be different if
you have multiple devices installed in the system, so you will have to
adjust accordingly.