Web lists-archives.com

V4l2 display

Hi all,

I am writing a code to display a video using V4l2 drivers (On OMAPEVM ).

When I run the code.. It is giving an error message that .. memory could
not be allocated.
This error I am getting when I am calling dispaly application from a QT
application,(QT internally uses /dev/fb0 ).
But when I run the display application directly (with out integrating with
QT).. memory allocation is proper and display is also coming.

reqbuf.type = V4L2_BUF_TYPE_VIDEO_OUTPUT; //V4L2_BUF_TYPE_VIDEO_OVERLAY
reqbuf.count = numbuffers;
reqbuf.memory = V4L2_MEMORY_USERPTR; //V4L2_MEMORY_MMAP;

printf("allocating buffers \n");
ret = ioctl(display_fd, VIDIOC_REQBUFS, &reqbuf);

I am getting the same error with V4L2_MEMORY_MMAP memory configuration
also.

Can somebody guide me .. what could be the reason for this?

Thanks,
Mahalakshmi.
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                  Business Solutions