Web lists-archives.com

Re: recommendation for hd atsc usb device?

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Samsung claims:
> "The new S5H1411 boasts a higher reception success rate than other devices
> in multi-path environments where signal interference is high, such as
> densely populated urban areas; dynamic environments with serious signal
> distortion among many moving vehicles; environments with major signal phase
> errors because of cable retransmission and remote areas where reception is
> generally poor."
>
> Well, at least they have their heart in the right place :)  I have never
> been able to find real lab test results for ATSC reception performance.

Unfortunately, the marketing material fora ll the vendors is going to
say crap like that.  And nobody who has the equipment necessary to
objectively compare things like multipath performance across devices
are going to publish their findings due to competitive interests.

Also, you cannot just look at the demod, the tuner itself is a factor
as well (and in some cases the pairing of the demod/tuner).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller
http://www.devinheitmueller.com