Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] A4tech PK-52MF

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 15:13:33 +0200
Alexandru Botezatu <abotezatu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I finally got to my sister's computer. Installed ubuntu 9.10
> yesterday to see the webcam displaying random patterns unrelated to
> an image (looks like memory garbage).
>

> I then booted into windows and tried using sniff-bin and snoopy and
> all but none of them would create a long file. I am at a loss why.
>
> I did a sniff with USBlyzer; if you want, I can send you the ulz file
> you can open with USBlizer under windows (they have a free 30 day
> download with no restrictions).
>
> Please let me know if this will be enough, or should I coax my sis
> into purchasing a supported webcam : )

Hello Alexandru,

I am not sure to be able to use logs from USBlyzer.

Well, as the gspca / vc032x evolved since last year, may you give me the
last lines of 'dmesg' after plugging in the webcam? (also, tell me which
is the gspca version)

Then, which application(s) do you use to view the webcam images? Do you
preload the v4l library?

Best regards.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/