Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] A4tech PK-52MF

hi Jean-Francois,

I finally got to my sister's computer. Installed ubuntu 9.10 yesterday to see the webcam displaying random patterns unrelated to an image (looks like memory garbage).

I then booted into windows and tried using sniff-bin and snoopy and all but none of them would create a long file. I am at a loss why.

I did a sniff with USBlyzer; if you want, I can send you the ulz file you can open with USBlizer under windows (they have a free 30 day download with no restrictions).

Please let me know if this will be enough, or should I coax my sis into purchasing a supported webcam : )

Thanks a bunch.
Alex.

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Jean-Francois Moine <moinejf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 15:42 +0300, Alexandru Botezatu wrote:
> Hi,

Hello Alex,

Sorry for this long delay. Are you always awaiting?

> I have the above webcam (A4tech PK-52MF) which gives me the following
> output in dmesg:
       [snip]
> Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0ac8:0328 Z-Star Microelectronics Corp.
>
> I also have the driver disk from the manufacturer which has a
> config.set file. I put the contents of the 98 driver file and XP
> driver file at the following locations:
> http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/9183/
> http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/9186/

I got them, thank you.

> Can you please add this device to the driver? I would much appreciate
> having this cam under linux.
>
> Please let me know if I can help any other way.

I maintain the new driver gspca v2. It seems that your webcam has a
sensor which is not yet handled, or maybe the probe does not work. To
advance, I need a MS-windows USB trace. May you do it? (I'd better like
with sniff-bin)

Thank you.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef             |               http://moinejf.free.fr/