Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] luvcview half working bayer decode support

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 17:02:43 +0530
"Aveek Adhya" <aveek@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >This is required to be able to test the pixart v4l2 port. Right now
> >it display bayer to 422 "properly" (colors and image quality) but
> >scaled half size (if you know how to fix it please help I am new to
> >bayer->422 decoding).>Regards
> >Alban
>
> I got it working. Now the image is displayed in its original size.
> But I dont see proper color, its a kind of black/white picture I am
> getting using my modified luvc application.  My camera gives bayer
> and JPEG pixel format. I have applied the patch provided in the link
> below and modified it to get full scale picture. But I dont get
> proper color. Is it a driver issue? My camera is
> "0c45:613c" (SN9C120). Check the link below for original post.
> http://lists-archives.org/spca50x-devs/01240-luvcview-half-working-bayer-decode-support.html

Hi Aveek,

Which driver are you using? (FYI, gspca v2.7.0 is included in the kernel
2.6.31-rc5, but gspca v2.5.0 in kernel 2.6.30 may work better)

Also, the pixel format conversions are now done by the v4l2 library. It
is better to use standard viewers as vlc (1.0.x) or mplayer instead of
specific ones as luvcview.

Best regards.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/