Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Spca50x-devs] Logitech QC Connect (046d:08d9) gspcav2 problems

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 08:53:18 +0100
Jean-Francois Moine <moinejf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The webcam drivers in the latest kernels offer the v4l2 interface
> instead of the v4l1. Also, external drivers, as gspcav1, did the image
> conversion in the kernel, which is forbidden.
>
> As a consequence, you must run most of the video applications with the
> wrapper of the v4l library.

Thanks!

I did know that it is v4l2 but didn't know that I also need to inject
a userspace library to decode the frames.

Got Skype working with export LD_PRELOAD="/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so"

Cheese is a v4l2 app by nature AFAIK so I've tried with
LD_PRELOAD="/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so" instead. No luck so far,
still test screen appears but this may be some app specific problem.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Sab